We have been producing Colox since 2014, and over the years it has proven to work very well in cases of chronic pain as well as for athletes who are either prone to a lot of inflammation & injury or for those who are on a post injury rehab process.
Returns - No Return Policy
- Blocks COX-2 & 5-LOX pathways, thereby addressing pain, inflammation and edema.
- Helps reduce exercise induced inflammation.
- Helps with joint and muscular pain, and especially helpful during the recovery & rehab process post injury.
- Ideal for runners, cyclists, triathletes, hybrid athletes, and across other endurance sports.
How to Use: Adults take 2 capsules daily, after a heavy meal.
The art of healing comes from nature – not laboratories. This is especially true, when it comes to healing inflamed joints. Unived’s COLOX is a plant-based vegan supplement that helps in suppressing pain and inflammation caused by intense training sessions. It protects the body’s cells from damage that may be caused by free radicals that are generated during exercise. COLOX supports the strengthening of your muscles and cartilage, while blocking various pathways that lead to pain, inflammation and soreness. It also helps improve blood flow to joints; thus, reducing stiffness and improving flexibility.
Its adaptogenic plant-based extracts – Boswellia serrata, BCM-95® Curcumin help the body cope with exercise induced stress and inflammation. Also included are plant-based vitamin D3 (Vitashine) in its most bio-available form.
COLOX can be taken by people who train hard for long hours and are experiencing performance inhibiting pain and inflammation. It can also be consumed daily as a preventive, to combat various internal breakdowns caused by daily stress (training). Whether you’re a runner, cyclists, triathlete, or hybrid athlete, you can use COLOX during your training periods and after competitions/races, to combat inflammation and pain & aid recovery.
Myth buster: COLOX vs NSAIDs: A categorical distinction
NSAIDs block either COX-1 or COX-2 pathways and address only the production of prostaglandins, leaving the 5-LOX pathway open for synthesis of leukotrienes.
Furthermore, NSAIDs have no supportive mechanism other than the temporary suppression of pain and inflammation.
COLOX exerts a double action in the inflammatory path by blocking both COX-2 and 5-LOX, enzymes that are responsible for the synthesis of prostaglandins and leukotrienes, respectively.
Both prostaglandins and leukotrines are formed when arachidonic acid is released and they play a key role in generating an inflammatory response in the body.
As athletes, we are exposed to continuous, repetitive action, which results in repetitive stress on our joints, muscles, and tendons.
- Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) is a familiar experience for the elite or novice athlete. Symptoms can range from muscle tenderness to severe debilitating pain. DOMS is most prevalent at the beginning of the sporting season when athletes are returning to training following a period of reduced activity. DOMS is also common when athletes are first introduced to certain types of activities regardless of the time of year. The intensity and duration of exercise are also important factors in DOMS onset. DOMS can affect athletic performance by causing a reduction in joint range of motion, shock attenuation and peak torque. Alterations in muscle sequencing and recruitment patterns may also occur, causing unaccustomed stress to be placed on muscle ligaments and tendons. These compensatory mechanisms may increase the risk of further injury if a premature return to sport is attempted.
- Foot and ankle injuries are extremely common among athletes and other physically active individuals.
- The ligaments inside your knee joint are most vulnerable to damage during sports activities which involve sudden stopping and constant changes in direction.
- Sprains, fractures and bursitis are other joint related troubles typically faced by the athletes30.
- According to a Swedish study, elite male athletes who participate in high-contact sports such as football, soccer and rugby have a higher risk of developing knee and hip osteoarthritis than men who exercise little or not at all.
- Prolonged exposure to physical stressors, such as endurance-, strength-, and sports training and occupational tasks can lead to suppression of immune functions and skeletal muscle damage that triggers the inflammatory response.
- Failure of the immune system to properly regulate these responses, as a consequence of excessive training load or sub-optimal recovery, may suppress immune functions, compromise athletic performance and increase the risks of respiratory infections. This phenomenon is known as over-reaching when the effects are more transient, lasting days or weeks, and can progress to an over-trained state when the malaise lasts for months.
Joint Pain Benefits
- COLOX is beneficial for athletes as it accelerates and supports your body’s natural healing and repair mechanism for injured, inflamed or strained joints.
- It reduces pain and inflammation in your joints safely and effectively, with its double action blocking COX-2 and 5-LOX, making it superior to NSAIDs and other supplements.
- The phytochemical extracts in COLOX are natural and cause no harm to regular bodily functions.
- Athletes have about three times higher values of RAGE, and serum AGE values, which causes stiffness. There is evidence to suggest that the administration of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients within physiological ranges may reverse exercise-induced oxidative stress and muscle damadge.
- Endurance exercise induces IL-6 production from myocytes that is thought to impair intracellular defense mechanisms. COLOX helps reduce these proinflammatory cytokines.
- Most importantly, COLOX strengthens and restores joint mobility and flexibility.
The differentiators that make COLOX a pertinent formulation are the standardisation of the ingredients, the quantum of each ingredient used in the formulation and its synergistic effect-lending long-term and definitive benefits to exercise induced inflammation and injury rehab.
Daily consumption of COLOX as per the suggested dosage, gives the most bioavailable form of standardized phytochemical extracts along with a key vitamin. Each serving gives you 480mg of Boswellia serrata, 480mg of BCM-95® Curcumin, and 400 I.U. of vitamin D3.
Ingredients Per Serving
964mg of plant-based bio-available standardized phytochemical extracts of Boswellia serrata, BCM-95® Curcumin, 400 I.U. of plant-based vitamin D3
Adults take 2 capsules a day, post meal.
Best Before - 18 Months